Reflections

Reflections

Monday, October 25, 2010

The begining

 This is my first attempt at blogging. My reasons for this are simple. At the age of 44 I realized I had stopped spending time in the woods like I used to and I missed it. So over the last year I have begun getting out as often as I can and reacquainting myself with the back country.  As I shared my experiences with others they asked to see pictures, wanted to know what I had planned and sometimes why I was doing it. So it occurred to me while sitting on the top of a mountain that a blog would allow me to share my love of the outdoors with my friends and keep everyone that is interested up to date. I also on occasion wax philosophical when I am out in the woods. I think this has to do with the solitude and the beauty around me and at higher altitudes lack of oxygen. As these thoughts occur I now have a venue to share them. I will endeavor to keep my post interesting and not to long. For those who check in thank you for sharing in my journey.

Before I finish I would like to thank my father for sharing with me at a very young age the wonders of the wilderness. My best and fondest memories of my childhood are of our adventures together of which there are many. Thanks Dad  

Barbarossa (Red beard)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet blog bro. Giving me some good ideas for hikes with Keely. Looking forward to more entries.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete